Sunday, May 07, 2006
Brownies & Tao-Suan
Baked some brownies and cooked tao-suan for a potluck gathering yesterday.
120g dark chocolate
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup soft brown sugar (i use 1/2 cup)
1 tsp vanilla essence
*For toppings: chocolate chips, almond slices or walnuts
1. Place butter and chocolate in a bowl. Stand in hot water until melted. Leave to cool.
2. Beat eggs and salt together. Add sugar to eggs mixture, beat thoroughly.
3. Add in vanilla essence and butter/choco mixture.
4. Add in sifted flour,cocoa powder & baking powder. Mix well.
5. Add in toppings as desired. Pour batter into a baking tray with baking paper.
6. Preheat oven at 180c and bake for abt 25 mins. Use a skewer to test for doneness.